The University of Basel attaches great importance to the protection of personal data. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail, telephone number, photo, user behavior, IP address, etc.
On what legal basis does the University of Basel process personal data?
Personal data is always processed in compliance with the Information and Data Protection Act of the Canton of Basel-Stadt (IDG) applicable to the University of Basel and, if applicable, the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DSG). In addition, the University of Basel complies with the European Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), which may be applicable, and states the relevant legal basis for this case in each case, in accordance with Art. 13 Para. 1 lit c DSGVO.
What personal data does the University of Basel process and for what purpose?
The use of certain offers on the website easyWeb lite, including the use of any newsletters and forms, may require the collection, processing and longer-term storage of personal data such as name, address, telephone number, or mail address. We process this data in accordance with Art. 9 of the Information and Data Protection Act of the Canton of Basel-Stadt (IDG) or the corresponding university regulations.
If and insofar as the European Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) applies, we process the data:
- based on legal requirements (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DSGVO) or in the public interest (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e DSGVO),
- based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO),
- to fulfill contractual obligations as well as to carry out corresponding pre-contractual measures (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO),
- to protect the legitimate interests of us or of third parties (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO),
- to protect vital interests of you or another natural person (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d DSGVO).
Any consent you have given us for certain services can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. Personal data that has already been accumulated will be deleted if it is no longer required for the purposes for which the data was collected. Instead of deletion, the data will be blocked if there are legal or contractual reasons against deletion.
If you would like us to delete your personal data completely, please contact: email@example.com.
Why are cookies set?
What access data does the University of Basel process (collect, save, etc.) when you use the website easyWeb lite and for what purpose?
For security reasons, e.g. to be able to clarify cases of abuse and to secure our network infrastructure, so-called access data, which are automatically collected when calling up the website easyWeb lite, are stored in a web server log file on servers of the University of Basel for a period of 4 weeks. In the event of an attack on our network infrastructure, longer-term storage may be necessary for reasons of evidence and for possible civil or criminal prosecution of the attacker.
The following access data is collected:
- website visited
- time of day at the time of access
- browser used
- operating system used
- IP address
What third party services does the easyWeb lite website use?
We integrate services of third parties, paying attention to the principles of data protection (especially purpose limitation, data minimization and, if possible, without data transfer to unsafe third countries).
- Purpose: Fonts based on the corporate design of the University of Basel
- URL: https://www.fonts.com
- Purpose: Displaying an interactive map
- URL: https://www.openstreetmap.org
- Purpose: integration of videos
- URL: https://youtube.com
Is your data secure at the University of Basel?
The University of Basel uses technical and organizational security measures to ensure that the data it collects and further processes via the website easyWeb lite,
- remains confidential and is protected from accidental or unlawful access, alteration or disclosure, and from loss or destruction; and
- access to the data is granted exclusively on a need-to-know basis to those persons who need to access the personal data by virtue of their function and duties.
The measures to be taken depend on the type of information, the type and purpose of use and the respective state of the art.
Is the easyWeb lite website encrypted?
Our website easyWeb lite is offered encrypted.
Encryption ensures that the website accessed (the information requested) also comes from the server it claims to be. Unencrypted traffic can be manipulated by third parties.
Who is liable for links to websites of other providers?
The University of Basel or IT-Services has not reviewed websites linked to the website easyWeb lite via hyperlinks as well as displayed RSS feeds and assumes no liability for their content or for the products, services and other offers provided thereon.
What rights do you have as a data subject?
Users of the website easyWeb lite, through which we process personal data, have the right, within the framework of the applicable legal provisions, to obtain at any time
- to receive free confirmation as to whether personal data is being processed by the University of Basel (§25 and §26 IDG),
- to information about any stored data,
- to restriction of the processing of the data,
- to data transfer, if and to the extent that the DSGVO is applicable,
- to correction, blocking or deletion of this data,
- to revocation of any consent given,
- to object to the processing of your personal data.
In this regard, you can always contact us at our contact address:
Who is responsible for the easyWeb lite website and who can you contact if you need help?
University of Basel
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data on the website easyWeb lite, you can contact the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Basel
Petersplatz 1, P.O. Box
Data Protection Officer of the University of Basel:
Danielle Kaufmann lic. iur.